Imperial Investor Service offers accounts and services to help you take charge of your investments
If you are not interested in trading options or borrowing money for investing, and you anticipate paying cash in full for all your trades, consider a cash account. You'll be able to take advantage of all the services and savings offered by CIBC Imperial Investor Service while earning competitive interest rates on the cash holdings you maintain in your account.
If you've opened an Investment Account but hold registered investments elsewhere, think about bringing all your investments under “one roof.” Consider the following CIBC Imperial Investor Service tax-sheltered retirement plans. And remember, with all our registered retirement accounts, there's no annual fee when you maintain a minimum balance of $25,000 in your account. For more details, see our Fees and Commissions schedule.
Imperial Investor Service offers a wide range of specialized account services to meet your diverse needs. Ask about our Imperial Investor Service account services for corporations, investment clubs, trusts and estates. Additional registered account services include: Life Income Funds (LIFs); Locked-In RSPs or Locked-In Retirement Accounts (LIRAs).
Electronic Brokerage Services - our 24-hour electronic brokerage services for convenient access
Our electronic brokerage services harness the power of smartphone and the Internet to help you monitor your investments conveniently and efficiently. This powerful combination allows you to access your account and market information in the most convenient and timely fashion 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
On the Internet
- Obtain in-depth Canadian equity research from a leading provider, CIBC World Markets.
- Get stock news and price change information with email Alerts.
- Monitor, analyze, rank and chart mutual funds with Mutual Fund Market.
- Call up interim account statements and corporate news.
- Access online help and around-the-clock customer support for additional assistance.
- Review your portfolio and up to 13 months of transaction history.
- Access useful summaries of daily market movers and create your own charts and graphs to track historical trends.
Research, tools and resources to help you make smarter investment decisions
At CIBC Imperial Investor Service, we've put together a combination of simple, straightforward tools and resources to help you make more informed investment decisions.
One of the most effective ways to reach your investment goals is to set money aside regularly.
CIBC Imperial Investor Service Regular Investment Plans
It's easy to build your investment account, RRSP, or RESP with the CIBC Imperial Investor Service Regular Investment Plan. CIBC Imperial Investor Service offers the opportunity to set up regular automatic debits (in any amount) from your bank account (CIBC or another financial institution) into the mutual fund of your choice, on any schedule (minimum regular investment amounts apply).
|Minimum dollar amount1
|Frequency (weekly / bi-weekly / monthly / month end / quarterly / semi-annually)
|CIBC Money Market funds
CIBC Managed Portfolio Funds
|CIBC Mutual Funds
1 Unless a higher minimum is set by the applicable fund company)
CIBC Imperial Investor Service Systematic Withdrawal Plans
Systematic withdrawal plans provide you with a simple, effective way to receive additional income from your investments while still maintaining your investment's growth potential. These plans are designed for mutual fund investors who depend on cash flow from investments to supplement their other sources of income. A systematic withdrawal plan works by selling a certain dollar amount of your mutual funds at regular intervals to provide you with a consistent stream of income.
- The cash transfer functionality allows you to move funds easily between your Imperial Investor Service account and your CIBC bank account
- Sweep accounts ensure regular cashflow, particularly if you depend on your investments for income, by moving your interest and dividend payments directly into your CIBC bank account
- Access to higher interest rates through your cash account means that your cash is never sitting idle - the higher your balance, the harder your cash is working for you