Accounts and Services
Imperial Investor Service offers accounts and services to help you take charge of your investments
- A range of account types to help you consolidate your investments
- Simple, straightforward statements to help you monitor and track your investments
- Manage your investments when you want, from wherever you want with our electronic brokerage services
- Research, tools and resources to help you make smarter investment decisions
- Investment/Trading Accounts
- Cash Account
- Registered Accounts
- Self-Directed RRSP (SDRRSP)
- Self-Directed Registered Retirement Income Fund (SDRRIF)
- CIBC Imperial Investor Service FundPlus® Self-Directed RRSP and RRIF/LIF
- Self-Directed Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP)
- Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA)
- Other Accounts
- Other Accounts
If you are not interested in trading options or borrowing money for investing, and you anticipate paying cash in full for all your trades, consider a cash account. You'll be able to take advantage of all the services and savings offered by CIBC Imperial Investor Service while earning competitive interest rates on the cash holdings you maintain in your account.
If you've opened an Investment Account but hold registered investments elsewhere, think about bringing all your investments under 'one roof'. Consider the following self-directed CIBC Imperial Investor Service tax-sheltered retirement plans. And remember, with all our registered retirement accounts, there's no annual fee when you maintain a minimum balance of $25,000 in your account. For more details, see our Fees and Commissions schedule.
Self-Directed Retirement Savings Plan (SDRRSP)
A CIBC Imperial Investor Service SDRRSP offers you all the flexibility you need to effectively plan your retirement future with comprehensive, consolidated statements of your SDRRSP holdings. Whether its equities, mutual funds, GICs, fixed income products or even your own mortgage, a CIBC Imperial Investor Service SDRRSP allows you to take advantage of all the services available from CIBC Imperial Investor Service.
Self-Directed Retirement Income Fund (SDRRIF)
Once you're ready to convert your RRSP into a RRIF, your first choice should be a CIBC Imperial Investor Service Retirement Income Fund. A CIBC Imperial Investor Service RRIF lets you take control of your retirement with a variety of investment options, including equities, fixed income products, GICs and mutual funds.
CIBC Imperial Investor Service FundPlus® Self-Directed RRSP and RRIF/LIF
For those of you who prefer to focus on fixed income investment, mutual funds and CIBC GICs as the investment vehicle for your retirement planning - but seek the same, consolidated reporting of your holdings - we've created the CIBC Imperial Investor Service FundPlus Self-Directed RRSP and FundPlus Self-Directed RRIF. Choose from eligible CIBC GICs, fixed income money market investments, cash and almost 2,000 mutual funds.
Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP)
With their combination of tax-sheltered growth and eligibility for government grants, Registered Education Savings Plans (RESP) has become the most effective way to fund a child's education savings. CIBC Imperial Investor Service RESP accounts allows you to take advantage of all the services available from CIBC Imperial Investor Service while saving for your child's education.
Imperial Investor Service offers a wide range of specialized account services to meet your diverse needs. Ask about our Imperial Investor Service account services for corporations, investment clubs, trusts and estates. Additional registered account services include: Self-Directed Life Income Funds (LIF's); Locked-In RSPs or Locked-In Retirement Accounts (LIRA's)
Electronic Brokerage Services - our 24-hour electronic brokerage services for convenient access and additional savings
Our electronic brokerage services harness the power of smart-phone and Internet technology to help you manage your investments conveniently and efficiently. This powerful combination allows you to execute your transactions and access your account and market information in the most convenient and timely fashion 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
And when you place your equity trades through our electronic brokerage, you enjoy extra savings on commissions.
On the Internet
- It is easy and cost-efficient to manage your portfolio through your personal computer. You can:
- Buy and sell mutual funds, fixed income instruments, and stocks and review your open orders.
- Obtain in-depth Canadian equity research from a leading provider, CIBC World Markets.
- Track stocks and indices with interactive charting service from BigCharts.
- Get stock news and price change information with email Alerts.
- Monitor, analyze, rank and chart more than 2000 mutual funds with Mutual Fund Market.
- Call up interim account statements and corporate news.
- Access online help and around-the-clock customer support for additional assistance.
- Be notified of upcoming new issues (IPOs) through our New Issues Notification Service via e-mail.
- Access information on new issues available through our online IPO Information Centre.
- Review your portfolio and up to 13 months of transaction history.
- Access useful summaries of daily market movers and create your own charts and graphs to track historical trends.
Using the smart-phone:
- Buy and sell stocks and review your open orders.
Research, tools and resources to help you make smarter investment decisions
At CIBC Imperial Investor Service, we've put together a combination of simple, straightforward tools and resources to help you make more informed investment decisions.
- CIBC World Markets Reports
- Mutual Fund and Exchange Traded Fund Research Tools
- Portfolio Tracker
- Stock Research Tools
CIBC World Markets Reports
A team of analysts who report on Canadian equities, provide insights on individual companies and industry sectors.
Mutual Fund and Exchange Traded Fund Research Tools
Search for funds based on a number of criteria, including performance, fees and portfolio mix. You can also perform comparative analysis of the top performing funds.
Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA)
With a Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA), you can set money aside in eligible investment vehicles without paying tax on income and gains earned within the TFSA. Eligible investments that you can place in your TFSA portfolio include cash deposits, GICs, mutual funds, stocks and bonds (similar to what's available for RRSPs).
You are able to withdraw funds from your TFSA any time and for any purpose without incurring tax, though restrictions may apply depending on the investments that are held in your TFSA.
Monitor your investments by creating and tracking up to five equity and mutual fund portfolios online.
Sign up to receive e-mail notifications for the stocks you own or are considering purchasing. These alerts can be triggered by movements in price, volume, or news message.
Stock Research Tools
Look for a company snapshot, recent news, dynamic charts, fundamentals and earnings by simply entering the ticker symbol and selecting the appropriate link.
CIBC Imperial Investor Service optimizes the combined strengths of your CIBC advisor and a wealth of online research tools to help you meet your financial goals.
One of the most effective ways to reach your investment goals is to set money aside regularly.
CIBC Imperial Investor Service Regular Investment Plans
It's easy to build your investment account, RRSP, or RESP with the CIBC Imperial Investor Service Regular Investment Plan. CIBC Imperial Investor Service offers the opportunity to set up regular automatic debits (in any amount) from your bank account (CIBC or another financial institution) into the mutual fund* of your choice, on any schedule (minimum regular investment amounts apply).
|Investment Type||Minimum dollar amount2||Frequency (weekly/ bi-weekly/ monthly / month end / quarterly /semi-annually)|
|CIBC Money Market funds CIBC Managed Portfolio Funds||$25||Yes|
|CIBC Mutual Funds||$100||Yes|
|3rd Party Mutual Funds1||$100||Yes|
1 (Some fund companies do not provide regular investment plans)
2 Unless a higher minimum is set by the applicable fund company)
CIBC Imperial Investor Service Systematic Withdrawal Plans
Systematic withdrawal plans provide you with a simple, effective way to receive additional income from your investments while still maintaining your investment's growth potential. These plans are designed for mutual fund investors who depend on cash flow from investments to supplement their other sources of income. A systematic withdrawal plan works by selling a certain dollar amount of your mutual funds at regular intervals to provide you with a consistent stream of income.
- ShareBuilder™Plan. This plan enables you to have dividends on hundreds of eligible Canadian and U.S. stocks automatically re-invested into additional, whole shares. There's no re-investment commission to pay. To participate, your eligible stock dividend pay out needs to be sufficient enough to purchase at least one additional share (dividends cannot be re-invested into partial shares)
- The cash transfer functionality allows you to move funds easily between your Imperial Investor Service account and your CIBC bank account
- Sweep accounts ensure regular cashflow, particularly if you depend on your investments for income, by moving your interest and dividend payments directly into your CIBC bank account
- Access to higher interest rates through your cash account means that your cash is never sitting idle - the higher your balance, the harder your cash is working for you